Working for Biovision
As an innovative NGO, Biovision offers the opportunity to take on a wide-ranging, responsible role as part of a dynamic, motivated team with lots of self-initiative.
Biovision as an employer
As an internationally active non-profit organization with a strong vision, a high level of commitment from competent employees is essential. Accordingly, it is important to us to involve employees in developing goals and to grant them a high degree of creative freedom and personal responsibility. Our cooperation is based on trust and strong team spirit. We maintain a proactive and transparent information culture and practice an open and constructive feedback and conflict culture. Through active knowledge management, relevant training and transdisciplinary work, Biovision systemically promotes employees’ personal development. Work-life balance for all employees and thus the compatibility of private and professional life is of high value for Biovision.
Learn more about Biovision and our vision in this video.
Programme Manager (80-100%)
Permanent contract; immediate start or upon agreement
For our medium-sized, well-positioned NGO, we are looking for a committed personality to strengthen our Policy and Advocacy team, through the implementation of activities that support coherent policies, improved funding and a favourable institutional framework for the scaling up of agroecology.
In this context, your responsibilities are to plan and implement effective advocacy activities to reach relevant decision makers from the policy and funding communities, with the aim to promote coherent policies based on agroecological principles and to increase funding for agroecological enterprises.
These tasks include:
- Support interested governments and food system actors in designing effective policies by providing policy planning tools and coordinating inputs of external experts and partners.
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of multistakeholder platforms in East Africa (Kenya or Uganda), that lead to the inclusion and participation of relevant groups of actors in policy processes.
- Facilitate and implement matchmaking activities between agroecological businesses and relevant funders/investors.
- Support and promote agroecological business models and suitable agroecological finance schemes in East Africa
- Networking & sensitization among public and private actors in the field of agricultural & food systems
- Fundraising and proposal development
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and motivated team player with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of work experience in sustainable agriculture with an emphasis on policy and participatory processes at national/local level, and some experience in linking such processes to the business and investment communities;
- A solid background in agriculture and food systems, or a related field in natural or social/political/economic sciences (at least Master Degree);
- Working experience in the development and cooperation sector, ideally, in agroecology or closely associated concepts;
- Experience in communicating with high level representatives of political, multilateral, funding, and/or investment communities, and in coordinating projects in complex environments with multiple partners;
- Readiness to travel frequently (mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa);
- Excellent command of English oral and written (C1/C2) and good knowledge of German (B1);
- Swiss passport or Swiss residence permit C / B.
We are looking for an engaging, adaptable, solution-oriented personality, able to handle multiple projects at the same time, with high social and intercultural skills, strong persuasive power, and used to tailoring interventions to different environments.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic team and an innovative NGO with commensurate wages, adequate social security and a centrally located workplace in Zurich (Geneva is also a possibility, but this will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis). Please send your entire electronic application documents (CV, motivation letter, references) until October 16th 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, early applications are encouraged. First round of interviews will be held between 20-21st October. Second round of interviews will be held between 26-27th October. For further information, please contact Mr John Garcia-Ulloa at email@example.com or +41 44 512 58 48.
Current internship offers and apprenticeships
Biovision regularly offers internships to help students start their careers. The internships are mainly aimed at students in environmental or political sciences, agroecology or similar fields of study. Vacant internships are published here.
Biovision offers one commercial apprenticeship every year, which is advertised in late autumn for the coming summer. No trial apprenticeships are offered.
Currently, all internships and commercial apprenticeships are filled.
We are funded by members and donors and use this money for our projects. We would like to keep the administrative effort for processing unsolicited applications to a minimum and therefore ask not to receive unsolicited applications. Thank you for your understanding.