Biovision data privacy statement
This data privacy statement (referred to below as the "statement") indicates how BIOVISION collects, uses, forwards and discloses (these activities are referred to jointly below by the verb "process") the personal user data ("personal data") of visitors to this website (referred to below as "users"), and the manner in which this takes place. The statement also describes how
BIOVISION guarantees the security of the processed personal data.
The user agrees that BIOVISION will process personal data in accordance with the statement. Statutory or contractual confidentiality obligations to which BIOVISION is subject in respect of the user's personal data are not affected by this statement.
BIOVISION may unilaterally amend the statement at any time. BIOVISION shall always publish the latest version online.
BIOVISION processes personal data relating to the user when he or she
- visits BIOVISION's websites;
- requests and/or uses services offered online by BIOVISION including, in particular, registration for specific services or web content, and subscriptions to print media or online newsletters;
- participates in a competition or purchases products from BIOVISION;
- on the one hand, BIOVISION processes personal data (e.g. name, gender, mailing address, email address, telephone or fax number, date of birth, amount and timings of payments) for the purposes of completing its own address database. This also applies if the user takes part in BIOVISION's events (online or in person). On the other hand, BIOVISION's web server automatically records details relating to the user's visit (e.g. IP address, browser type and version, operating system used, referring website, BIOVISION pages accessed, date, period spent on website).
Users can control the behaviour of cookies by means of their browser settings. As a general rule, the relevant browser options and instructions on their use can be found in the manual for the browser or in its Help file. If the user refuses, blocks or
disables cookies, this may restrict the availability of the services offered via the website. In addition, parts of the websites may no longer function correctly under certain circumstances.
BIOVISION utilises analytical tools provided by third parties such as Google Analytics (referred to in general below as "analytical service providers") in order to analyse usage of the websites. BIOVISION accepts no responsibility or liability for any processing of data by the providers of the tools.
You can find more information at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de and/or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection).
Use and protection of personal data
By processing personal data as set out in this statement, BIOVISION improves the quality of the service.
Processing of personal data serves the following purposes in particular:
- technical administration, research and ongoing development of the websites;
- user administration and fund-raising/marketing;
- providing information to the user regarding BIOVISION's services and products, provided that the user has given consent for this purpose;
- determining winners of competitions and delivering the winnings.
The user authorises BIOVISION to disclose personal data to employees, authorised representatives or other third parties in Switzerland in order to provide services and for the purposes mentioned above. Those employees, authorised representatives and other third parties who have access to personal data are obligated by BIOVISION to ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations. Persons to whom BIOVISION grants access to personal data as defined in this statement receive appropriate training on data security and data privacy.
BIOVISION protects personal data with appropriate physical, electronic and process-related security precautions including firewalls, personal passwords, encryption and authentication technologies. Personal data related to the execution of a payment transaction via a BIOVISION website is encrypted by means of the most commonly used and secure data transmission methods at the current time, namely the SSL ("Secure Socket Layer") or Secure Electronic Transaction (SET) protocols.
BIOVISION also reserves the right to transfer personal data to governmental and supervisory authorities and, within the scope of this statement, to analytical service providers. In these respects, BIOVISION shall comply fully with the applicable regulations, legislation and any judicial or official requirements.
Information about processed personal data / Data Privacy Officer
Persons whose personal data is processed within the scope set out in this statement have the following rights:
- to be informed as to whether personal data is stored by BIOVISION and if so, which data is stored (data categories, recipients or categories of recipients, period for which personal data is retained or criteria for determining the retention period);
- to obtain a copy of the personal data;
- to request rectification of personal data should it contain errors;
- to request deletion of the personal data;
- to request restrictions on the processing of personal data;
- to receive personal data in in a structured and commonly used format which is machine-readable;
- to object to processing, especially for the purpose of direct advertising.
The aforementioned rights may be refused and/or restricted in case of overriding third-party interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing serves the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending BIOVISION's legal entitlements.
Enquiries regarding the processing of personal data should be addressed to BIOVISION's Data Privacy Officer:
Right to revoke consent under data privacy law
Any person who is affected by the processing of personal data ("data subject") may revoke their consent to such processing at any time. In such cases, the revocation must be sent in writing or via email to BIOVISION's Data Privacy Officer.
BIOVISION's websites may contain hyperlinks to other websites which are not operated or monitored by BIOVISION. Third-party websites are not subject to this statement. BIOVISION is not responsible for their content or their handling of personal data.
Social media buttons
Functions (plugins) of third-party providers and/or of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.) may be integrated into BIOVISION websites. These plugins enable the user to share content in the aforementioned social networks. When the website is accessed, the buttons are disabled by default. This means that no personal data can be transmitted to the respective third-party providers without action on the part of the user. After the user has enabled the buttons, data (including, but not limited to, personal data) is automatically transmitted to the relevant third-party provider via the plugins. If the user is logged into the network of the relevant third-party provider at the same time as he/she is visiting the website, the said third-party provider may assign the visit to the user's network account. BIOVISION has no influence in this regard. The purpose and scope of this collection of data and of the further processing and use of the personal data are stated in the data privacy information of the respective social networks. Users can also consult the same source for information about rights and possible settings relating to the protection of their privacy.